Sununu is an American politician and engineer as well as the 82nd governor of New Hampshire.
Molly Kelly is an American politician and has ben representing the 10th district from 2006 until 2016.
Jarvis has worked in management, project management, and learning & development throughout her career.
"Jarvis registered what she considered to be the new official Libertarian Party with the state. She wrote new bylaws and membership rules."
"There should be leaders in this world that want to make a profound impact within their community in order to help make society a productive one."
"I like the fact that we've lowered [business taxes] and that they're going to continue to lower throughout the next several years due to the bill that was passed in 2017."
New Hampshire, known as the Granite State, has a long and storied history. It was one of the original Thirteen Colonies that declared independence from Great Britain in 1776. New Hampshire was the first colony to establish its own state constitution and declare its independence, six months before the Declaration of Independence was signed.
Some key positive historic moments for New Hampshire include:
- Being the first colony to establish an independent state government in January 1776. This was done through the adoption of the first state constitution.
- Playing a pivotal role during the American Revolution. Important Revolutionary War battles were fought at Bunker Hill and Bennington.
- Being home to America's first free public library in Peterborough in 1833. This set a precedent for public libraries across the country.
- Being the first state to establish a state park, at Crawford Notch in 1891. This began the state park movement.
- Having the first successful ascent of Mt. Washington in 1642, the tallest peak in the Northeastern United States.
- Being the birthplace of numerous prominent Americans, including America's first astronaut Alan Shepard, author Dan Brown, inventor Dean Kamen, and comedian Adam Sandler among others.
Today, New Hampshire continues to exercise its independent spirit. It has a large legislature with 400 representatives and 24 senators for a population just over 1 million people. This makes it one of the largest representative bodies of any U.S. state.
Elections in New Hampshire occur every two years. For the state legislature, each town or ward elects representatives based on its population. The state Senate has 24 members elected from single-member districts across the state. The Governor serves a 2-year term and is elected state-wide.
For the U.S. House of Representatives, New Hampshire currently has two congressional districts. Each district elects one member to the House. Districts are redrawn every 10 years after the census.
The New Hampshire primary for U.S. President is a major event every four years. Being one of the earliest primaries, New Hampshire helps set the stage for the presidential race. Its influence belies the state’s small size.
Website designed and published in . All rights reserved.